What will you be doing? The Business Analyst (BA) will function as a liaison between business and IT units, with the goal of defining, measuring, and monitoring company-wide data quality. Primaryresponsibilities include the discovery and analysis of data quality issues, as well as the design of necessary monitoring metrics. The BA must be able to perform duties with general or minimal supervision.PrimaryResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains and defines data quality processes; participates in the development of data quality rules which supports critical business processes. Participates in and/or leads discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Identifies and escalates data issues or opportunities to the Data Governance team.
- Profiles data to assist in the development of effective data quality controls.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders and subject area experts to define and document business requirements related to data quality.
- Acts as liaison between business subject area experts and technical analysts in the analysis, design and testing phases of the data quality process.
- Participates in the testing of data quality processes, including the development of test cases.
- Ensures all data quality processes and methodologies are properly documented and stored for easy access by the entire Data Governance team.
- Assists in the writing of business and technical definitions of tables, columns, and terms.
- Provides guidance for data modeling and database design.
What’s in it for you:
- Collaborative team environment!
- Potential to work from home on Fridays.
- Gain expertise with cutting-edge data management technologies
- Exposure to various areas of the organization including enterprise IT and business units.
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- A working environment that embraces diversity
What do you need for this position?
- 5+ years of diverse work experience or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with data or data-related analytics
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills
- Experience developing quality metrics, audit tools, or other device for measuring adherence to standards
- Must possess strong communication (verbal and written), research and interpersonal skills as well as excellent time-management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to be highly productive and efficient in a team driven environment
- Well-organized, with the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines
- Well-developed analytical, logical, and critical-thinking skills
- Experience with data mining or profiling using querying languages such as SQL, etc.
- Able to lead cross-functional workgroups in the discovery, analysis, monitoring, and improvement of data quality, with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, healthcare, or analytics-related discipline or equivalency in industry experience.
What would be nice to have?
- Medicare and/or Medicaid experience
- Experience with using IBM Infosphere Information Analyzer to develop data rules
- Regulatory, auditing, or Quality Assurance experience
- Customer service experience
- Able to prioritize assigned tasks within an Agile work environment
- Familiar with data modeling and/or metadata glossary tools
- Experience with data lineage