Senior Business Analyst
This position is within SF CFO Change management group of the broader SF Finance organization. The Single-Family Finance team is responsible for accounting, business decision support for respective business segments, financial results analysis, forecasting, profitability and performance analysis, as well as, planning, budgeting and expense management.
Our team is responsible for leading requirements analysis, data analysis, and user acceptance testing for finance and accounting applications. We coordinate with project teams across divisions and are instrumental in resolving application issues during financial close. Additionally, we will be assisting the management with developing project schedules, resource allocation, project costing and project status reporting.
As a Business Analysis Senior, you will be leading requirements analysis, data analysis, and user acceptance testing for finance and accounting applications. Your work will fall primarily in 3 categories:
- Leading/assisting in the implementation on a portfolio of change initiatives across all phases of project work
- Analyzing new products and improvements, including new offerings in up and downstream systems, assess impacts on existing applications, and develop/implement operational changes to be made.
- Defining/Reviewing business requirements to capture business area (customer) needs and guide new change initiatives. Facilitate resolution of obstacles that emerge along the way to drive projects forward
- Developing user Stories, acceptance criteria’s, test plans, and test cases, and support execution (and documentation) of UAT testing/Product validation.
- Developing long-term strategy for improvements to processes and technology.
- Working, in partnership, with internal and external partners, including close partnership with IT and with external vendors and partners
Business and Operations Support
- Supervise and execute processes required for monthly close.
- Lead production application support duties which involve on-call support for troubleshooting critical issues of supported applications, logging issues, performing in-depth analysis, working with IT to resolve root cause, developing recommended solutions and ensuring controlled, timely deployments to fix the issues.
- Supporting business operational risk controls, Internal/External audit activities
- Managing project scope, schedule and budget for assigned projects
- Managing and supervising action items, issues, and risks associated with assigned projects. Follow up on items with appropriate parties to ensure their resolution and/or advance issues in a timely fashion
- Leading development of required project artifacts consistent with Freddie Mac Modern Delivery methodology (e.g., charters and scope, workplans, resource planning, risk and control assessments, issue logs)
- Conducting weekly project status meetings, provide status updates to management on regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or Accounting related field
- Typically has 5-8 years related experience and 1+ years project management experience.
- SQL experience in the most recent project experience with the following databases DB2/Oracle/Sybase/SQL server/Mongo
- Demonstrated business analysis and project management experience with all aspects of the project lifecycle using Agile project methodology.
- Ability to support multiple concurrent efforts/projects in various capacities (lead one or more efforts while supporting others)
- Experience with all aspects of Agile/Modern delivery methodology
- Python experience preferred
- Scrum/Agile certification preferred
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Strong attention to details with validated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to understand business needs and determine potential solutions.
- Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to facilitate effective meetings and to develop and deliver presentations/materials to various levels of audiences!
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.