The Business Analysis Manager will be responsible for leadership and oversight of revenue recognition and contract accounting with proper documentation of financial standing for audit and regulatory purposes. This individual with lead a team of three experienced Sr. financial analysts to research and communicate the impact of product performance changes and economic events. This includes creating financial models of "what if" scenarios to help future business planning decisions.
In this role the Business Analysis Manager shall be responsible for at a minimum the following activities:
- Managing revenue recognition accounting in accordance with different types of contracts and accounting standards. Charge per aircraft landing (CPAL), Cost per landing (CPL), etc.
- Managing correct accounting for all contract pricing guarantees. Cost per landing (CPL), Early removal guarantees (EREM), etc.
- Working closely with the contracts team to ensure appropriate communication and accounting changes related to new, changing or expiringcontracts.
- Managing accounting for airline sales incentives assets and amortization
- Ensuring appropriate pricing accruals have been made based on sales negotiations and outstanding contract issues.
- Leading quarterly deferred revenue estimate at completion (EAC) reviews
- Supporting both internal and external audit requests as required.
Qualification: Required Qualifications
BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance with 6+ years of related experience.
5+ years' experience within an ERP environment.
Candidate must be energetic and should have strong analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel.
Prior contract accounting or EAC review experience
SAP and/or Hyperion experience.
Previous supervisory experience
Aerospace experience, preferably in a corporate setting.
Education: Required: BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
Preferred: MBA, CPA
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.