We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
The Business Analysis and Information (BAI) Senior Manager will lead Global forecasting for key Oncology products. This role will report to the Global Forecast & Analytics Director, Oncology.
Specifically this person will:
- Provide an objective and rigorous point of view to demand forecasting and product performance, while collaborating with other disciplines including Global Marketing, Global Value/Access, CfOR, and other key functions
- Lead development with cross-functional leads for key inputs such as market/payer research and data analytics in order to develop forecast models and outputs (revenue and units for Finance/Operations/Supply Chain team), directly interfacing with senior leadership teams across Global Marketing and Business Development when required
- Be able to operate independently with minimal supervision from Director or Executive Director level management on projects that require rapid cycle time turn-around as well as limited involvement by more senior team members
- Successfully manage vendors from a project management and timeline execution focus as needed to develop key forecasts with detailed rationale, assumptions and storyboarding
- Be able to successfully manage competing priorities and work scope navigation leading inline, pipeline and early assets
- Lead and own the development of Brand Plan and Long Range Plan (LRP) forecasts, ad-hoc forecasting requests and support commercial assessment of in-licensing products
- Take active interest in understanding Competitive Intelligence landscape and Market Research to integrate it with high quality forecast models
- Coordinate with marketing and cross-functional teams to develop forecasting inputs and assumptions.
- Effectively explain modeling assumptions and triangulate assumptions with other data and forecasting model to pressure test them and develop "what if" scenarios.
- Perform analyses and assessments in the area of product preference, estimating revenue potential, sales coverage, market size, penetration, marketing practices and trends, and prepare forecasts and recommendations
- Coordinate with finance and BAI teams globally to develop forecasting inputs. Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Work with clients in the assigned team(s) to develop service level agreements outlining forecasting requirements and deliverables.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of analytics and/or forecasting experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of analytics and/or forecasting experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics and/or forecasting experience
- 6+ years of forecasting, market research, or business analytics experience
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, patient based forecast modeling including dynamic patient models
- Experience with common forecasting tools such as Forecast Pro; financial modeling experience a plus
- Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, time series analysis, and simulation
- Significant experience working with secondary data sets and analytic methodologies to gain insights applicable to forecasting – includes IMS, Symphony, Flatiron EMR, Optum, Truven, DRG, and other large data sets that require custom analysis and evaluation
- Working knowledge of forecasting inputs and structure, global access and reimbursement policies, and competitive environment and potential impact on product development and commercialization strategy
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences including senior leadership teams
- Strong project management skills—able to organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
- Demonstrated analytical skills combined with a client service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Good understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities in the assigned therapeutic area
- Broad, working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Business analytics or forecasting experience in the biopharmaceutical or other healthcare industries
- Experience within oncology therapeutic area