VML is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
Legal complexities, technology licensing, production partnerships and media-based sponsorships all affect the way creative is concepted and produced. We see the Business Affairs Manager as a key supporting role in the production department, for video, integrated production/motion graphics and art buying.
- Handling all legal and network clearances, including trademark scans and searches, music licenses, stock footage use, reviewing legal documents provided by client and providing information for litigation cases
- Negotiating all overscale and celebrity talent, preparing of contracts for scale talent, handling all talent claims and any talent issues (for example, shooting abroad, using talent in other venues)
- Preparing and processing all production and editorial contracts and invoices for all television productions (i.e., investigating costs for weather insurance and troubleshooting with all vendors)
- Preparing transfer of rights documents for all broadcast materials
- Overseeing all filing of broadcast business affairs/legal documents and broadcast production dockets
- Supervising broadcast managers in talent and traffic, overseeing staffing needs and processing performance reviews
- Conducting seminars and agency meetings on broadcast business affairs, legal and traffic of the target, specifically as they relate to communications
- Providing Accounting with internal estimates, purchase orders and invoices
As part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. VML is headquartered in Kansas City.
- Knowledge of SAG/non-union contracts
- Understand production workflow
- Highly organized and solutions-focused
- Positive and motivated self-starter
- Agency experiencepreferred
- A bachelor’s degree
- Seven-plus years of relevant experience
VML is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 673