Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Advisor Lead (IT/Cybersecurity Compliance) for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ or Remote facility.
Consults, develops and implements solutions to influence business decisions for relevant CoSA or line(s) of business. Develops best in practice solutions to the most complex business challenges. Identifies opportunities to change, enhance, or streamline existing business projects and initiatives. Leads project prioritization and coordination to best manage business resource utilization within assigned functional area. May lead projects with stakeholders across multiple functions.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT/Cybersecurity Compliance
The IT/Cybersecurity Compliance Program is seeking a talented Business Advisor Lead to serve as a program manager. The individual will be responsible for managing the Annual Compliance Plan, Compliance Standard implementation, reporting needs and serve as the primary liaison between the Enterprise Compliance Program Office (ECPO), the IT/Cybersecurity Compliance Program and Business Controls Management (BCM).
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Utilizes analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- May translate results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies maturing knowledge of industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops moderately complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Supports model validation and/or helps produce model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change using maturing knowledge.
- May help translate recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies maturing knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Assists with communicating analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to forecast results for required stress test scenarios.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years relevant product or industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability in leading projects which may have involved cross-functional teams.
- Ability to provide effective consultation, to all levels of management, using the latest industry best practices and internal resources.
- Expert experience developing solutions and recommendations that will increase efficiency and improve business processes, projects, and programs.
- Expert level of experience in negotiating, prioritizing and influencing to achieve desired business results.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Drives implementation of multiple, highly complex project/program initiatives typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve program and project milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and costs.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for highly complex programs and projects to accomplish goals and objectives within a specified timeframe and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators.
- Communicates with project stakeholders and executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met.
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter experts.
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst project stakeholders.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/23/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.