The Business Account Manager will have a deep understanding of both retailer and manufacturer strategies to develop and execute growth plans based on strategic intent set by VP/MD & Client. The Business Account Manager provides direction to Customer Managers to optimize annual/quarterly Client business plans. They will be the key point of contact for regional client leadership and will be expected to deliver consistent experiences and outcomes. The Business Account Manager will drive the Business Planning process working closely with cross-functional business partners within the Business Insights, Planning Organization and Channel Teams to improve key metrics based on analysis of promotion, spending, and volume (forecasts and actuals). As well as manage base volume forecasts, item distribution, promotional strategy and innovation.
- Coordinate with Customer Managers to develop and execute business plans
- Build and manage strategic plans for respective retailers/wholesalers
- Align on strategy and plan with Region Broker Managers, Identify Opportunities and threats
- Feed CM’s w/ planning analytics to support Cat/Line reviews, NI presentations, etc.
- Effective trade fund management and visibility
- Measure effectiveness of CM’s
- Align w/Insights lead and be guided by insights specific to Category/Brand, Consumer/Shopper, Channel/Retail dimensions
- Work with syndicated/other data sources to both manage and inform strategic and tactical trade plans
- Ad-hocfinancial and data analysis, including pre/post event analysis
- Develop Customer level distribution and merchandising targets with supporting insights and merchandising activation plans for each key initiative
- Attend Customer Sales Calls with the Customer Manager Team where appropriate
- Develop and deliver content as part of the CROSSVIEW Business Review process
- Ensure Client’s Plans are Built and maintained in CROSSVIEW and the Client’s Trade Planning System
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year university.
- Work experience in sales or marketing for a minimum of 3-5 years with experience calling on regional/national chain customers
- Must have leadership, networking, relationship, sales strategy and planning, strategic thinking skills.
- Excel, Power Point, working knowledge of Nielsen and syndicated data sources
- Must have ability to effectively prioritize demands and follow through on commitments.