The company is preparing for multiple commercial launches in rare and orphan diseases and is currently building its commercial capabilities. We are looking for experienced Business Account Executives (BAE) with rare disease experience to support launch of a potential treatment for hATTR Amyloidosis and Alnylam’s first go-to-market product. This is an opportunity to build the business within a region and truly shape a market, while simultaneously supporting patients, caregivers, and the hATTR community. The hATTR BAE will be principally responsible for driving physician and patient identification, disease awareness, overall market development, and brand awareness at approval within their ascribed territory. The BAE will be responsible for achieving regional targets and other business objectives through account and customer strategies, while also partnering closely with internal stakeholders to effectively manage all aspects of the regional business. Additionally, the BAE will need to effectively identify, develop, and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders within the hATTR space toproperly educate on hATTR and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions. hATTR is a little-known condition in the United States and patients often spend years undiagnosed and misdiagnosed. There is an amazing opportunity to educate and enhance the market’s knowledge of hATTR. The position reports into the Regional Business Director. Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Drive physician and patient identification, market development in hATTR, and brand awareness at approval by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans. Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business.
- Effectively prioritize and manage time, activities, and resources (people and financial) to optimize access to and development of accounts with the most sales potential.
- Builds and maintains relationships with physicians by maximizing their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor a callplan, and conducts post-call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach.
- Proactively builds effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from multiplestakeholders; can read people’s emotions and flex communication style. Adjusts their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, market access, and patient care centers to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to build individual account plans on how to approach their customers, achieve sales goals, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; post launch be able to develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
- Executes programs, in-services, and lunch-and-learns for their territory across multiple account types: clinics, infusion centers, and potentially labs.
- Routinely report territory-level market dynamics and trends, including prescriber opinion and competitive activity, to manager and escalates to home office as needed.
- Bachelor’s required: MBA/Science Degree Preferred
- 7+ years of progressive and visibly successful business experience in biotech or specialty pharmaceutical industry.
- 2 plus years of rare or highly specialized neurology or cardiology disease experience is required
- Understanding of patient services, charitable access and specialty distribution mechanisms is preferred.
- A successful track record in pharmaceutical sales/management and/or field reimbursement products that required significant payer and reimbursement involvement
- Experience in supporting biologic therapy administered by a designated health care provider would be a plus
- Experience in driving, leading and delivering upon territory-level cross functional business planning and influencing without authority
- Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Effective at managing complex individualized cases
- Must be comfortable spending 60% of time traveling; some overnight travel required
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates mu