We are looking for field-based Business Account Executives (BAEs) with rare/ultra-rare disease expertise to strategically drive the commercial objectives and launch success of the novel RNAi therapy “Lumasiran” for the treatment of Primary Hyperoxaluria Type One (PH1) in the U.S.
Lumasiran (ALN-GO1) is an investigational, subcutaneously administered (under the skin) RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutic targeting glycolate oxidase (GO) in development for the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria type 1 (PH1). PH1 is a rare, life-threatening disease that can cause serious damage to kidneys and progressively to other organs. PH1 is a little-known condition and patients often spend years undiagnosed and misdiagnosed. There is an amazing opportunity to educate and enhance the market’s knowledge of PH1.
The BAE is expected to develop territory specific strategic account plans in the context of the overall product strategy and in close alignment and collaboration with functions of Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Patient Advocacy, Market Access and Commercial, while ensuring full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
The Lumasiran BAE will be responsible for driving physician and patient identification, advancing disease awareness, market development, and brand awareness within their assigned territory. The BAE will also act as a strategic partner with PH1 Key Opinion Leaders by gathering and sharing insights to develop advocacy aligned with Alnylam’s strategic imperatives and advance our commercial impact. The achievement of objectives will be grounded in Alnylam values: our commitment to people, sense of urgency, passion for excellence, innovation & discovery, open culture as well as our unwavering commitment to integrity. The position reports to the Lumasiran Regional Business Director.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Drives physician and patient identification, market development in Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1 (PH1), and brand awareness by building and executing account specific plans to grow business
- Builds individual account plans for key accounts and physicians including tailored customer approaches to achieve sales goals and maximize sales results
- Develops, own and drives territory and account plans, including tailored customer approaches to achieve sales goals and maximize sales results
- Achieves pre-launch and post-launch performance indicators, including sales and volume targets
- Performs detailed analysis of the assigned territory to identify, assess, and develop relevant centers for diagnosis and treatment
- Drives patient identification, diagnosis and referral rates by executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans
- Develops trusted relationships with a portfolio of customers to ensure market penetration, after developing a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Leverages insights to tailor engagement plans, and conducts analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach
- Effectively prioritizes and manages time, activities, and resources (people and financial) to optimize access to and development of accounts with the most sales potential
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, legal, market access, and patient services to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer Lumasiran
- Executes and engages at the highest levels with all customer types in both “live” and “virtual” settings
- Executes “Virtual” and “Live” programs, in-services, and office presentations across multiple account types such as clinics, hospitals and sites of care/administration
- Routinely reports territory-level market dynamics and trends, including HCP opinions and competitive activity, to RBD and escalates to home office as appropriate
- Demonstrates and upholds the highest standards of integrity and compliance
- BS/BA degree required. MBA/Science Degree Preferred
- 7+ years of strong performance in biotech or specialty pharmaceutical industry
- Recent rare/ultra-rare disease experience within the past 5 years.
- Deep experience and relationships in Nephrology and/or Urology are important and strongly preferred.
- Pediatric Hospital/Institution knowledge and expertise with pharmacy formulary processes
- U.S. launch experience required along with demonstrated successes.
- Understanding of and experience working with HUB patient services required
- Understanding of patient services and specialty channel distribution is preferred
- Buy & Bill, Miscellaneous J code product launch experience required including a working knowledge of government and commercial payers including Medicare B and D.
- A successful track record delivering results with products that require significant payer and reimbursement involvement
- Experience in supporting biologic therapy administered by a designated health care provider a plus
- Experience leading and influencing without authority
- Thorough understanding of site of care identification, development and education
- Must be comfortable covering large geography and potential for spending 60-70% of time traveling; some overnight travel required but limited during COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with state, local or Alnylam travel policies, if applicable
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver's license to be considered
- Must live within 50 miles of the assigned territory
- Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment in biotech/pharmaceutical industry and have a demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity and to compliant execution
Clear Alignment with Alnylam Core Values
- Commitment to People
- Innovation and Discovery
- Sense of Urgency
- Open Culture
- Passion for Excellence