$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Upon Givosiran's approval, the BAE will be responsible for driving patient identification at the physician level, disease awareness, overall market development, and brand awareness within a defined territory. The BAE will be responsible for achieving targets and other defined business objectives through HCP-driven strategies, while partnering with internal and external stakeholders. The achievement of objectives will be based on Alnylam values: our Commitment to People, Sense of Urgency, Passion for Excellence, Open Culture, Innovation and Discovery.
The BAE will report to the Regional Business Director (RBD) for their respective region.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Drive patient identification through appropriate HCP driven strategies including market development in AHP, brand awareness through building and executing a territory strategy/account plan; continuously assess opportunities within markets and accounts to launch successfully.
· Effectively prioritize and manage time, activities, and resources in order to optimize access to academic and community HCPs.
· Build and maintain relationships with HCPs and office staff by maximizing their time through planning, leveraging insights, and conducting post-call analysis refining tactics based on opportunities.
· Proactively build effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; drive agreement/decisions from multiple stakeholders; demonstrated high level of emotional intelligence adapting communication based on different stakeholders.
· Collaborate with stakeholders across all commercial departments including; patient services, field reimbursement, and others to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer.
· Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to build individual account plans on how to approach their customers, achieve sales goals, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results.
· Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; post launch be able to develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
· Execute programs both in and out of office across multiple account types: academic institutions, physician offices, infusion centers, and alternate site locations.
· Routinely report territory-level market dynamics and trends, including prescriber opinion and competitive activity to RBD as required.
· Bachelor's required: MBA/Science Degree preferred.
· 7+ years of demonstrated success in biotech, specialty pharmaceuticals, or medical devices.
· Rare/orphan disease experience within the last 10 years in but not limited to Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Neurology, Hematology/Oncology is required.
· Drive to serve the unmet needs of patients with an ultra-rare disease.
· U.S. launch experience required along with demonstrated successes.
· Buy & Bill, Miscellaneous J code product launch experience required including a working knowledge of government and commercial payers including Medicare B and D.
· Understanding and experience working with HUB patient services required.
· Thorough understanding of site of care identification, development and education.
· Understanding of charitable access and specialty channel distribution is preferred.
· Hospital / Institution knowledge and expertise with pharmacy formulary processes in academic settings.
· Experience supporting biologic therapy administered by designated HCPs preferred.
· Experience driving, leading and delivering upon territory-level cross functional business planning.
· Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
· Strong communication and listening skills.
· Effective at managing complex individualized cases in a compliant manner.
· Overnight travel required including travel to Boston, congresses and large geographical territories.
· Candidates must have a valid driver's license.
· Must live within 50 miles of the assigned territory.
Clear Alignment with Alnylam Core Values:
· Commitment to People
· Innovation and Discovery
· Sense of Urgency
· Open Culture
· Passion for Excellence
Valid Through: 2019-11-4