Essential Job Functions:
- Performs analysis and design by translating business requirements of less advanced complexity and developing reporting solutions that yield relevant business information in a user-friendly format by collecting, analyzing and leveraging data. Ensures data accuracy. Utilizes team resources for assistance in planning and accomplishing goals.
- Provides support to customers by investigating, reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources and understands the source structures and business relevance of the data within assigned business areas. Designs, develops, implements and maintains business solutions for small to medium projects with assistance, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of current tools, languages and approaches used to develop, test, maintain, and execute systems and applications. Ensures appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented to protect the Company data assets from accidental or intentional misuse.
- Contributes to data and data quality standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Assists with identification of areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Supports I/S teams with testing and implementation of new business systems tools, codes, and patches, and assist business customers throughout the conversion. Acts as liaison between I/S teams and business areas by trouble-shooting and translating technical problems related to business applications, with assistance.
- Supports business customers on assigned data repositories. Provides support for product implementations and modifications impacting repositories, project request documentation, CAT testing, and daily monitoring of stored data with assistance, as needed.
- Implements approved project plans and activities. Provides technical assistance and training to staff in project management, sales, reporting, I/T, I/S and workflow direction on small to medium projects with assistance.
- Develops current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Develops knowledge of application development technologies, methodologies, standards, and enterprise data sources and structures.
- Provides training and education to customers within the assigned business areas on Business Intelligence tools and processes.
- Monitors recurring processes and ensures output accuracy and timely distribution. Responsible for maintenance, documentation, and enhancements of recurring processes and procedures.
- Supports the completion of data submission for industry surveys, annual statements, and regulatory filings based on the requirements. Follows up on inconsistencies or issues, provides recommendations for resolution, and ensures timely adherence.
- May monitor accounting activities to ensure data accuracy and availability. Ensures required activities regarding reconciliation, journal and ledger balancing, internal balancing for financial systems, and MAR process/procedure documents are completed on an accurate and timely basis.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Associate Business Intelligence Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Business Intelligence Developer and Sr Business Intelligence Developer levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong background in Tableau software
- Knowledge/experience in Jira
- Knowledge in Microsoft Enterprise collaboration tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Finance, Customer Services, Marketing, Sales domain and IT objectives and strategy.
- Knowledge of project and process management and business systems requirements.
- Knowledge of technical environment (technologies, applications, projects and processes) in the functional business areas.
- Knowledge of relational database administration, data consumption, and advanced data analysis.
- Consultative, analytical, conflict and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to research solutions and analyze data independently to provide recommendations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience designing/creating Enterprise Dashboards
Job no: 495660