Front line, direct sales position representing Epicel® (cultured epidermal autografts) a permanent replacement for full thickness burns. Epicel is sold directly to burn surgeons who practice at hospital based burn centers in the US. The position of a Burn Therapy Specialist (BTS) will require the ability to:
- Call on surgeons and burn center support personnel including burnnurses to deliver a targeted sales messaging based on leadership direction and clinical information, using approved sales and marketing support resources.
- Deliver detailed and in-depth clinical education and training to burn centers regarding the proper use of the product. Education includes patient preparation, surgical delivery / technique and post-operative care, for entire clinical support staff in burn centers.
- Regularly attend surgeries in which product is used as well as post-operative patient careevents.
- Work with surgical administrative staff to ensure timely product and procedure reimbursement.
- Develop surgeon and otherhealthcare professional advocates and involve them in peer to peer educational activities.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
- Candidate should live within 30 miles of Philadelphia.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with of hospital based specialty healthcare products sales, with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Experience with hospital operating room environments.
- Strong clinical and scientific acumen particularly in burns or wound care.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement (billing, coding, coverage, and payment) in the healthcare system and ability to work to resolve billing issues with provider a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Experience with burns or burn nursing a significant plus.
- Continuous training on technical and product knowledge.
- Continuous focus on development of personal and interpersonal skills, such as teamwork, time management, listening, trust and integrity, and work/life balance
- Strategic agility: ability to align individual business strategy with corporate goals, keen business acumen, problem solving, being innovative and thinking big picture.
- Drive for results: appropriate resource utilization, focus on fundamentals, utilize established best practices, leverage internal support, and take risks.
- Professional courage: respectfully challenge physicians, embrace difficult conversations, bring solutions, seek feedback, take accountability and ownership of your actions and results.
- Managing change: adapt to changing business needs, anticipate questions and challenges, deal with ambiguity, be open and transparent with your customers and your team, integrate into your customers’ practice.