Company is currently looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our TSA IT Management, Performance Analysis, and Collaborative Technologies (IMPACT) team in the National Capital Region (NCR) and throughout the United States. CACI provides a variety of IT services through IMPACT including cyber security, identity and access management, risk management, cloud integration and engineering, field support services, service desk, application deployment and optimization, and operations center support services. CACI supports TSA in both classified and unclassified IT operational environments increasing availability and security for a variety of applications and systems. IMPACT services will integrate with the broader DHS mission and enhance existing Department-wide IT capabilities.
What You'll Get to Do:
The BUR Engineer will work on a team of highly skilled engineers and will be responsible for performing NetBackup design and process improvements, as well as day to day activities, in a large Enterprise environment. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able work effectively with other team members. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with internal customers, team members and vendors.
More About the Role:
- Responsible for the management, scheduling and successful execution of backup jobs.
- Executes holistic orchestration of backup policies, pools and clients.
- Troubleshoots complex issues, working closely with other teams such as network and platform.
- Creates architectural diagrams and other required documentation.
- Provides strong customer service skills, prioritizing activities based on customer requirements and SLAs.
- Mentors and trains other teams to accomplish the mission.
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Utilizes an incident management system to fulfill and track customer requests.
- Successfully leads large projects that impact multiple systems.
- Produces reports and provides planning recommendations to management.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- An active Entrance on Duty (EOD) is required to begin employment and must be maintained as a requirement of continued employment
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of related BUR experience
- 1 year of NetBackup experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Unix or Linux
- Knowledge of Virtualization, SAN, replication and clustering technologies
- Understanding of large, geographically dispersed networks and what can impact a BUR environment
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Relevant DHS focused experience
- NetBackup Appliance experience
- Active DoD Clearance preferred, but not required
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.