Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC. the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a Bulk Gas Sales Specialist position open at our Orlando, FL location.
The primary function of this job is to manage a regional company’s sales and marketing functions for bulk gases and related equipment. This position is responsible for developing and executing regional company specific bulk gas marketing plans and being a support resource for the regional company. The main duties are to target bulk gas customers and to promote Airgas product offerings to customers and prospects; and the planning and implementation of bulk gas sales training to inside and outside sales associates, in compliance with all regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not limited to OSHA and FDA, and Airgas policies and procedures at the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
Demonstrates and ensures staff alignment with Airgas Safety Pledge and 12 Live Saving Rules.
Exemplifies, promotes and develops safe work behaviors. Provides direct coaching to improve associates safety behaviors resulting in an improved safety culture.
Performs safety incident investigations recommending corrective actions to eliminate recurrences.
Develops training tools to support Airgas’s safety, regulatory, continuous improvement and operational efficiency initiatives.
Ensures all applicable regulatory (OSHA, FDA, DOT, EPA) requirements are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location deadlines.
Ensures compliance with all Specialty, Medical and Food Gas Standard Operating Procedures and ISO requirements.
Sales / Support
- Supports the efforts of regional specialists and sales associates by coaching them as to how they can increase the sales of bulk gases for a regional company.
- Promotes specific “niche” products to regional specialists, sales associates and end user customers.
- Provides input to the development of strategic bulk gas marketing plans for a regional company. Reviews regional bulk gas sales goals and monitors progress monthly.
- Plans and implements bulk gas product training for regional company.
- Acts as a technical resource for regional company sales personnel in the area of bulk gases.
- Identifies and develops strategic alliances with group purchasing organizations in order to leverage Airgas’ distribution capability as required.
- Documents and coordinates the distribution of competitive market activity to both management and other outside sales personnel.
- Reviews monthly bulk gas sales and gross profit by product and by territory within a regional company in order to monitor effectiveness of the sales and marketing efforts.
- Identities and coordinates participation at trade association meetings to promote Airgas.
- Provides input when requested to enhance and develop literature and sales presentation materials to support the sales effort.
- Maintains and improves selling skills and technical product knowledge.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated ability as a highly motivated individual to create and execute action plans that drive business improvement in key metrics.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a team.
Working knowledge of purity and production requirements to meet necessary application requirements.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and product literature using the English language.
- Able to operate a calculator to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Demonstrated understanding of products, services and associated technologies or the willingness/ability to learn.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and ability for using basic leadership skills to effectively engage and manage customer relationships.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Management, Accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education required.
7+ years of industrial sales experience. Experience selling industrial gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while working for an industrial gas producer or manufacturer preferred.
Past record of achieving significant sales growth
Experience in the welding/safety supply industry a plus.