CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking a full-time Project Manager in our in our Charlotte, NC office. The project manager will provide technical expertise and project management associated with building structure design projects. The individual should be able to demonstrate project management experience with the ability to successfully manage projects from concept through construction, meeting project schedule and budget/fees. They should be capable of designing and detailing concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures. The individual must have experience with the design of commercial, institutional, healthcare, and/or educational facilities. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Manage project engineering and production on projects assigned as PM; projects limited in size and complexity.
- Assist other project managers by managing project engineering and production of tasks assigned.
- Supervise and assist staff in design and plan production.
- Perform engineering design and detailing.
- Sign and seal calculations, specifications and plans you oversee and are responsible for.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews for other PM's projects when needed.
- Communicate with and between staff, managers, peer engineering companies and clients.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
- Meet with clients for projects and other business development opportunities.
- Maintain good client relationships.
- Maintain good working relationships and respect with in-house staff. Respect all staff and peers.
- Assist with technical mentoring of in-house design engineers and designers.
- Assist in proposal development, including fee / project budget development.
- Track project financial performance and manage within project fees / budget.
- Assist with and/or approve of project invoicing.
- Market all CALYX NV5 services to current clients and other potential clients to obtain new contracts.
- Assist with Company's business development and networking efforts.
- Participate in professional and civic organizations.
- BS degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering or MS degree in Civil Engineering, structural focus
- NC PE license
- 7+ years of experience with Building Structure Design Projects
- Must have experience with the design of commercial, institutional, healthcare, and/or educational facilities
- Design experience in steel, concrete and masonry (wood and post tensioned concrete a plus)
- Proficient with Ram Structural Systems, RISA, Enercalc, Microsoft Suite and other structural design softwares
- AutoCAD and Revit Structure software experience is a plus
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver's license prior to employment-preferred