Join an award-winning company!
Toll Architecture, a national full-service Toll Brothers company, seeks a Building Science Specialist to research, develop, and coordinate architectural materials, systems, and details pertaining to all types of residential wood-frame construction.
In this role, you will collaborate with our Purchasing team, in-house and outside architects, and manufacturers to ensure that material specifications and design details are seamlessly coordinated among these three groups. In addition, this role will involve collaboration with our Quality Control division to ensure that the design is properly implemented during construction. Building code-related research and analysis, as well as interaction with outside professional organizations with regard to development and implementation of best practice methodologies, are required, as is travel to our divisions to understand local building traits, so research and development on locally appropriate details can be performed.
This role will require experience in or knowledge of:
- Critical evaluation of building performance
- Design and construction of building enclosures (especially fenestration systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, roofing, and waterproofing systems)
- Principles of moisture storage, management, and transport within enclosure materials and assemblies
- Determination of appropriate use and selection of materials
- Development of building enclosure details and specifications
Don't miss this opportunity to join one of the nation's most respected Fortune 1000 companies!
2017 WORLD’S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES LIST
#1 in Home Building Three Years in a Row
- FORTUNE magazine
- A Bachelor or Master of Science in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Building and Construction Technology, or a similar degree
- Ten or more years of building enclosure design/consulting experience with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles, as they relate to building enclosure performance
- Strong project management skills with a history of successful interaction and coordination with interdisciplinary staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to assume or a history of leadership roles in local or national professional organizations
- The ability to work in the field and to travel outside the local area as necessary