Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing, or arranging for repairs of all building operating systems on the site. May be assigned to a single building as the sole engineer under a limited property size and scope. Must have reliable transportation and be available for after hour emergency calls.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for all preventative maintenance, necessary maintenance and repairs to the buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must be familiar with the location and have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
- Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include, but are not limited to; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components. Also, conduct general building maintenance, as needed.
- Be responsive to tenant requests in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
- Assist with the preparation of maintenance logs and records. Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software systems.
- Coordinate contractor, tenant and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor. Maintain log of work order details.
- Perform all assigned work to ensure the safety of the building’s tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with the site.
- Maintain organized building files.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years previous building operations engineering experience.
- Must be CFC certified in high pressure discipline.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Proficient computer and e-mail skills.
- Holds any necessary/required licenses.
- Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.