Leadership and Management Duties:
- Ensures that client expectations are met.
- Participate in the training of field technicians in new and existing client services.
- Coordinate and manage work order schedules of field technicians.
- Team with other service branches and sales departments to meet local and corporate goals and objectives.
- Manage project specific revenues and expenses and assume Profit & Loss responsibility on each project. Demonstrate a strong understanding of department finances.
- Author business and technical proposals for branch services.
- Author technical reports and letters.
- Provide active participation in sales and business development activities, such as client relationship building, project pursuits, networking, and professional/technical organization involvement.
Technical Skills and Knowledge Set:
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the real estate development and construction industry. Candidate shall have the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet the client’s needs and expectations.
- Professional experience in commercial construction practices, techniques and consulting services. Be familiar with ADA, OSHA, State & Local regulations and the International Building Code (IBC).
- Experience in commercial roof consulting, including roofing methods/designs and specifications as well as construction detailing is required.
- LEED Certification and Green building practices also encouraged.
Working knowledge of Building Envelope and Air Barrier construction and current industry practices required.
Proven record working with local regulatory agencies in a cooperative manner.
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to produce and oversee production of high quality technical reports with limited outside technical guidance.
- Desire and dedication to provide professional service in the private and public real estate development and construction marketplace.
- Professional affiliation required in one of the following areas:
- Licensed Architect in VA, MD or DC
- BS or MS in Construction Management or Architecture
- General Contractor License (commercial)
- RRC or RRO roofing affiliation or roofing/waterproofing manufacturing certifications
- Air Barrier Association of America Certification
10+ years of Commercial Construction experience with successful and proven track record of managing construction consulting services. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.