About This Opportunity
In this role, you will provide building enclosure consulting services to our clients. This position will establish, maintain, and serve local and national clients. You will serve as the primary client contact on projects related to new construction and existing building structures, including the design and evaluation of below-grade waterproofing systems, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and fenestration systems, and roofing assemblies. Supported by your local director, your services will include a combination of condition assessments, investigations, design, peer review, bid phase services, construction administration testing, and other typical building envelope services.
- Management of various building envelope projects ranging from investigation to construction administration phase.
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects.
- Leading the team in the development of building envelope contract documents, including technical specifications.
- Leading the team during site inspections and writing of reports.
- Peer review of enclosure details and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- 5 plus years of previous building envelope and waterproofing experience.
- Knowledge of various building enclosure systems, materials, and products.
- Experience in new construction building envelope design and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Knowledge of ASTM & AAMA standards and testing procedures related to building envelope evaluation and waterproofing, including California Building Code requirements.
- Interest in business development strategies and the ability to work directly with clients and other Walker team members.
- Experience compiling response packages for RFQ/RFP requests.
- Willingness to travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- License (complete or in progress) in Architecture, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar.
- Local past experience.
- WUFI and other modeling experience.
- Forensic experience or interest.