Efficiently operate and maintain buildings, systems and equipment for the headquarter location. Interpret technical issues to prevent equipment and facilities downtime and proactively pursue equipment and maintenance related issue. Develop and maintain strong relationships with business unit customers and stakeholders. Train team members to further develop competencies. Building Engineer position requires administrative duties, working with tools to complete work orders as necessary, and maintaining maintenance metrics.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed including nights weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate and Perform preventive maintenance tasks to minimize business interruption and ensure that buildings, systems and equipment meet or exceed their rated life
- Record and maintain Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) data to develop maintenance history, plans, and account for labor hours
- Perform minor construction as directed by Chief Building Engineer and Facilities Management
- Monitor service providers as directed by Chief Building Engineer and Facilities Management
- Program and monitor building systems such as Building Management Systems to ensure business continuity and operation of equipment
- Perform maintenance to ensure headquarter location is maintained to standard for safe and efficient occupancy
- Adhere to facilities standards directed by Chief Building Engineer and Facilities Management
- Support asset assessment programs to provide condition codes for capital planning and risk mitigation.
- Efficiently maintain and operate buildings and systems to optimize energy consumption.
- Communicate facilities operations and maintenance issues to Chief Building Engineer and Facilities Management
- Ensure headquarter location is maintained to standard for safe and efficient occupancy
The position plays a key role within North America for operations and maintenance of the headquarter location. The position supports the development of standards as directed by the Chief Building Engineer and Facilities Management for all preventive and reactive maintenance activities, capital expenditure requirements for minor projects, implement processes and standards and control cost, quality and efficiency programs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Associates of Applied Science or Technical Degree preferred
Journeyman’s licence preferred and a minimum of seven years in a similar or related role working with service providers
- Building and systems such as chilled water, HVAC, plumbing, generators andelectricaldistribution
- Construction, repair and maintenance
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and PC skills such as email, Word and Excel
- Environmental and energy management
- High level of electrical and mechanical systems skills
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Work in and with teams to provide necessary services