In this position, the qualified individual will design new enclosure systems, and design repairs for existing enclosure systems. They will perform review of enclosure systems for new construction, renovation, and restoration projects. The qualified individual will investigate and determine the service life of building enclosure assemblies. They will perform enclosure review to assess air infiltration, rain water control, heat transfer, and vapor transmission. They will perform building performance analysis including evaluate day-lighting, solar heat gain, thermal energy transfer, and holistic integration of the enclosure with building mechanical, lighting, and plumbing systems.
A sound technical background and excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A technical background in CADD and building performance modeling software is required.
Specific Job Responsibilities will include:
- Lead projects with team of internal consultants
- Assist Senior Project Managers with project tasks
- Perform project management duties
- Facilitate client meetings
- Prepare technical presentations for client meetings
- Prepare proposals for new project pursuits
- Review enclosure details and specifications prepared by other consultants
- Work closely with architects and contractors to develop high performance details
- Research building codes and industry standards
- Write assessment reports
- Perform field investigations, including water leakage, non-destructive testing, travel required
- Perform modeling of enclosure assemblies using different software
- Analyze proposed repair/design options
- Design and draft repair drawings and details
- Prepare construction documents such as repair drawings and specifications
- Observe construction and installation of repairs/designs in the field, including quality assurance testing
- Prepare site visit reports and meeting minutes
- Interact with project clients, sub-consultants, and repair contractors
- 5-10+ years' experience in building enclosure design, review, and assessments
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA)
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, M.S. in Architectural Engineering, or Master of Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/ Historic Preservation.
- Having an RRO/RRC/RWC is a plus.
- ·Experience in building enclosure design, repair, and retrofit and the integrated design and delivery of high performance buildings.
- Experience with exterior wall, below-grade waterproofing, and roofing assemblies.
- Understanding of building science and thermal analysis concepts as well as a knowledge of modeling building performance and sustainability.
- Demonstrated strength in providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Skills should include:
- Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AUTOCAD, REVIT, Rhino, Grasshopper)
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with building performance modeling, software preferred, including some or all of the following: ECOTECT, VASARI, ENERGYPLUS, EQUEST, DESIGNBUILDER, DIVA, IES-VE, THERM, SKETCHUP, WUFI
- Expertise with exterior wall systems
- ·Expertise with roofing assemblies
- Familiarity with building structural systems
- Experience with working on suspended scaffolding and vertical heights