Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The Controls Engineer - Software is responsible for the successful overall software design of projects, database creation, as well the implementation of the Engineering department procedures and standards used in the programming and documentation of controls projects.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Read and understand project specifications and MEP drawing sets
- Utilize company or customer standard programs for designing the graphic function blocks for assigned projects
- Tests the project's programs to ensure they meet the specified sequences of operation and that they perform according to industry standards
- Inspect HVAC system including point-to-point, determining the proper operating ranges for field devices, as well as complete functional system checkouts
- Create project database utilizing company and customer standards
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which includes: creating equipment and floor plan graphics per project documents, create ALC graphics submittal packages as required, review graphics as a completed package, for completeness and accuracy, develop and maintain graphic library, and participate in solution of job-related graphic problems
- Coordinate and participate in system specialist hand-off meetings for the turnover of complex software projects. Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required
- Completes each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while trying to maintain budgetary guidelines
- College degree preferred
- AA/AS Engineering degree with 5-10 years relevant experience
- BA/BS Engineering degree with 2-5 years relevant experience
- MA/MS Engineering degree with 0-2 years relevant experience, Prior related work experience including internships preferred
- Knowledge of computer networking systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred
- Knowledge of Automated Logic Eikon, Sitebuilder, Viewbuilder and WebCtrl software preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms