Why Work for Distech Controls?
- Innovative driven company
- Dynamic workplace
- Open minded company
- Fast-paced company
- Modern work environment designed for our employees Indoor and outdoor bistro areas, lounges, coffee stations
DCI - Distech Controls Inc. (North American headquarter)
- Continuous professional development program
- Extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurance and RRSP program
- 5 floating days and 3 weeks’ vacation from year one (accrual)
- Reward programs
- LEED-Certified building
- Foosball and ping-pong tables
- Situated near quartier Dix30
- On-site gym
- Daily fresh fruit
- Hot and cold beverages stations
- Accessible transportation services including OPUS card reader onsite
- Deep frozen meal prepared by culinary chefs
- Rewards program
About this Team
We are looking for a Building automation controls specialist who will participate to the development of productivity workflow tools for our customers. The candidate will manage a portfolio of current and future HVAC Applications, such as tools like Distech Controls Builder and Productivity Enhancing Tools. The candidate will support the global Distech Controls sales organization by developing detailed HVAC applications based on customer requirements from the Distech Controls OEM/System Integrator Channel. The candidate will participate with voice of customer feedback to develop design concepts with our own research and development team and/or with other cross-functional teams.
How you will contribute:
- Become an expert with EC-gfxProgram;
- Develop detailed ‘Sequence of Operation’ documents intended for client review and application programming development.
- Develop detailed application programming.
- Work with the global Distech Controls sales organization to assist customers in developing Builder libraries, from quotation to application programming development.
- Participate in Voice of Customer sessions with System Integrators, OEM and End Users to define application requirements, enhancements, and specifications.
- Collaborate with the product development team to define and refine application requirements, enhancements and specifications
- Manage the complete life cycle of the applications developed.
- Participate in the product launch process with the other cross-functional teams.
Travel requirements will be necessary to visit OEM customers: current passport and ability to travel up to 10%
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Application of DDC Controls or Automation Engineering of 7 years in a control systems environment;
- Minimum of three-year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is excellent.
- Experience working in OEM programing is preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge in pricing, estimating and/or quoting BAS systems labor is also an asset.
- Knowledge in the creation or modification of AutoCAD and/or Viso HVAC Drawings is an asset
- Self-starting individual, able to think outside the box, ability to prioritize and work effectively.
- Understands MEP Drawings and Specifications reviews and ‘take-off’s’.
- Familiarity with ASHRAE Guideline 36p is preferred;
- Knowledge of video creation and editing software(s) is an asset;
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with EC-gfxProgram is preferred but not mandatory;
- Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 Certification is preferred;
- Demonstrates, by experience, a good team spirit and professional ethics;
- Presents excellent communication skills in English and French (French is preferred but not mandatory);