AZAD Technology Partners is hiring a Build / Release Engineer to contribute to modernizing and streamlining the build process for an established development team responsible for monitoring, controlling, and implementing changes to infrastructure and software components within an enterprise level IT organization.
The ideal candidates will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- 10 years of demonstrated work experience in designing and developing builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracing.
- Experience building and deploying full releases or full components such as Web Applications, Web Services, Windows Services, Console Applications, Client GUI applications, etc.
- Experience supporting application projects including queuing builds and coordinating environment-specific configurations, and script and automate deployment processes.
- Working knowledge of and skill inapplying the following:
- Visual Studio 2010 Premium: Opening projects, resolving broken references, choosing the build configuration, and publishing Web applications and services; Used for TFS Builds, interface with TFS repositories, editing code, etc.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS): Software source control storage system and software application compilation platform. Creating and editing TFS build definitions, queuing a build, queuing a build from a label, performing a “get”, displaying history of changes, and finding the version of code for a particular build.
- Creating and working with Distributed File System (DFS) deployment shares, backing up folders and Servers, and staging builds.
- .NET architecture, web apps, web services, and web configurations.
- PowerShell: Used for writing PowerShell scripts, editing and running scripts, and deployments and backups.
- SQL Server fundamentals: Databases, tables, procedures, views, connecting to a database with SQL Server Management Studio, creating back-out scripts, and running SQL Scripts with PowerShell.
- Active Directory: creating appropriate requests for changes to role based permissions.
- ViceVersa: File copy utility, file deployment checking in code for version control, backing up files prior to overlay, and creating logs for copied files.
- Database Management tools (i.e. Aqua Data Studio, DBArtisan, or Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio).
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office 2010 Suite products.
- Master’s Degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.