At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website: www.criterion-sys.com.
Criterion Systems is seeking a mission-focused BUILD Engineer-Subject Matter Expert to support and contribute to our government customer’s success in Herndon, VA. The individual in this position must be a motivated team player that strives for professional and technical excellence in integration engineering.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute code deployment/migration and system configuration across multiple environments to Linux and Windows servers.
- Use automated deployment tools, packaged RPMs, Maven and Jenkins Jobs.
- Provide full integration support throughout the total system life cycle (including maintenance, administration, and management) across multiple systems/applications/platforms, including a familiarity of relevant policies, standards, methodologies and frameworks.
- Establish integrated project team structure and assignments.
- Lead, direct and manage enterprise IT system development/engineering efforts, tasking, and schedules through work breakdown structure and program planning.
- Work with management team and engineering and operational resources.
- Work with a technical group on projects from reviewing requirements to ensure system compatibility for optimal system performance.
- Collaborate with business users to discuss requirements.
- Perform current state system analysis.
- Write functional and technical specifications of current state systems.
- Provide weekly status reports regarding system engineering and integration initiatives.
- Translate business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios, and operational scripts.
- Plan and account for impacts of system development efforts across architectural system components, critical business processes, data, and application.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, System Engineering or related field.
- At least 13 years of professional experience which should include either management consulting experience or relevant industry knowledge.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly Clearance.
- Must have DoD 8570 CE.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life-cycle, the System Engineering Life Cycle, and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns and integrate that understanding with technical skills.
- Proven experience implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel with different organizations with competing interest (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider).
- Proven experience with establishing integrated project team structure and assignments and experience leading, directing and managing enterprise IT system development/engineering efforts, tasking, and schedules through work breakdown structure and program planning.
- Ability to plan and account for impacts of system development efforts across architectural system components, critical business processes, data, and application.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Experience with automation / CM (Ansible, Puppet, Chef) and working knowledge of code and scripting (python, perl, ruby, etc..
- Hands-on experience designing and writing scripts (i.e. power shell, bash, groovy) for the automation of installations, deployments and configuration.
- Ability to Work under pressure and time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task simultaneous ongoing assignments and efforts.
- Demonstrated experience performing the setup and configuration of IDE and development servers, use code versioning software, and performing software builds.
- Ability and willingness to learn job related material and tasks.
Preferred but not Required:
- Expert knowledge and experience with Linux/Unix.
- Strong Virtualization skills (vmware, openstack, hyper v).
- Proven track record of building and deploying an automation framework from scratch using Ansible.
- Knowledge of Big Data tools including Hadoop ecosystem, blur, etc..
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring tools (i.e Splunk and Nagios).
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring and logging solutions.
- Ability to identify gaps in system designs as it relates to enterprise monitoring and logging