The Build and Tooling Engineer at Resolver is responsible for enabling Developers, DevOps Engineers, and other groups to be more effective at their jobs. They achieve this by removing delays, obstacles and pressure points in the process through automating tasks that are slow, manual, fragile or would otherwise benefit from automation.
Resolver's software helps companies have the data they need to minimize negative events so that they can protect employees, customers, and their brand. We do this by managing risk and security in a single solution.
Tooling Management (50%)
- Develops new tooling: web applications, and/or command line tools to increase team efficiency
- Increase the throughput of our development team through process automation and supportive tooling
Coaching and Support (30%)
- Works with the team to develop software solutions through analyzing needs; conferring with internal users (developers, development managers, DevOps team); studying systems flow, pain points, work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation that helps developers understand how to use the tooling (e.g. Getting started Wiki, design guides and documentation)
- Develops internal learning and documentation to support the efficiency of the team
- Monitor, maintain and research improvements to Resolver's build infrastructure and tooling.
- Continue to learn processes and technologies to further our goals.
- Assist in maintaining a roadmap of tooling improvements in harmony with the product roadmap
Your Key Initiatives:
- You're a key stakeholder and owners of the build and deployment infrastructure at Resolver.
- You'll build and improve and improving the tooling used to accelerate a 20-person development team (and growing).
- Working with the latest distributed build server technology, you'll also build and maintain a modern infrastructure as code initiative.
- A passion for team enablement
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of the infrastructure being used by the team, including forward-looking research into emerging best practices (AWS; CloudFormation, Terraform)
- 3 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science and/or engineering or related experience from an accredited University