Job Description Summary:
DataStax powers the Right-Now Enterprise with the always-on, distributed cloud database built on Apache Cassandra™ and designed for hybrid cloud. We are seeking a talented Build and Release Engineer to join our team. This role can locatedanywhere in the US.
We are looking for a Build and Release Engineer with experience in enterprise software release cycles and delivery. DataStax software is primarily released for customer download. Release cycles vary across the product line, but typically include several major releases each calendar year plus regular patch and minor updates.
You’ll be an integral part of ensuring the release process is consistent across the entire product suite, building and supporting internal tools and infrastructure as needed. You will work with software and test engineers to ensure our products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all aspects of the release process for DataStax Enterprise, OpsCenter, Studio, drivers and other products
- Support and improve tools for CI (Jenkins), driving the actual build and release process automation as well as automated testing of such process, for example ownership of our Gradle build setup
- Participate and potentially drive technology choices to achieve repeatable and seamless release processes
- Coordinate release schedules and dates with product development teams and project management
- Process requests from Tech Support for urgent hotfixes and patch releases for ongoing product improvements
- Work with the security team to ensure that proper security is in place for on-premise and cloud systems related to build and release
- Coordinate the creation of release documentation both internal as well as external
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with full life cycle software development
- Experience building applications written in Java and similar languages
- Collaborate well in a globally distributed team environment
- In depth experience with Jenkins or similar build/CI systems
- Strong technical experience with git (GitHub preferred)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to create and maintain documentation of work
- Experience with Docker and related technologies
- Experience with Gradle build tool environments
- Experience with creating Debian/RedHat packaging
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) for build and deployment