Job ID #: 354
Who we are
Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS, Voyanta and Altus Data Solutions as the leading provider of CRE solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empowers commercial real estate clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimize transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organizations and different data, we can bring it all together.
Altus is revolutionizing the CRE industry again! We are working on multiple new products set to roll out over the next 24 months and beyond. With significant company-wide growth expected, now is an exciting time to join Altus Analytics.
We are investing in our Build and Release team and have a newly created opportunity for an Engineer to join us. This is a role for someone who wants to automate build, release and deployment processes from scratch for our cloud products. Someone who can define and implement the CI/CD pipelines and related dashboards.
What’s in it for you
- Knowledge. The cloud-based products we are building need to be deployed as frequently as once a day. You will gain the hands-on experience and insights on launching global software products. You will have an opportunity to apply your new and existing knowledge to oversee the brand new end-to-end build and release process and ensure issues are dealt with quickly.
- Exposure. You are currently in a build and release or devops type position. You want to design and drive the CI/CD process for cloud products. Joining Altus now, as we innovate cloud solutions for the global CRE industry is a chance to own and drive key pieces of our solution; a chance to put your name on the pipeline and make a tangible impact.
- Career Development. You are a leader who wants to grow in their role as we grow the team. You will have an opportunity to lead work and mentor junior members.
Here’s what our Build and Release Engineer will do:
- Collaborate. As part of the Development team, you will work closely with the Development and Operations teams to develop and implement automated build, deployment, and test pipelines for our new products.
- Automate. You will design and implement an automated build process for software projects, striving to make the compilation, testing, and packaging process as automatic and foolproof as possible.
- Support the Continuous Integration System. You will:
- Provide support on automated builds.
- Ensure correct build execution.
- Troubleshoot build failures
- Maintain documentation of the build.
- Deploy. You will deploy multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Jenkins, Octopus, Ansible and Puppet, minimizing downtime.
How do we know that’s you? You have:
- The experience. You have a minimum of 4 years in the software development industry with a focus on deployment, configuration or DevOps. You have experience with:
- Automating builds, gated builds, and packaing for deployment.
- Maintaining a production build system for a large software project.
- Jenkins in a Windows and/or Linux environment, specifically implementing a CI/CD pipeline.
- Deployment of Docker containers in the cloud (Highly desirable).
- Elastic beanstalk for deployment
- Scripting using Python and/or Powershell.
- CI/CD deployment.
- Familiarity with Build technologies like v-NEXT, MSBuild, XAML for TFS builds.
- Builds on Linux operating systems or a deep familiarity with Windows OS and a willingness to learn Linux.
- Branching and merging techniques.
- An innovative problem-solver. You have a high desire to learn rapidly and expand your skills and your contribution. You can quickly become an expert on our product(s).
- A strong communicator. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You can work closely with developers, testers and operations.
- The expertise. You have the expertise to come in and suggest better ways to implement our existing builds, reduce build times, and implement CI/CD pipelines. You have deep knowledge of Source Control systems such as TFS and Git and experience deploying to AWS.