Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Build and Release Engineer, you will provide support for developing build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Build Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required
· 3+ Years of experience or background in Build and Release Engineering
· 3+ years of programming experience with Shell scripting and Python
· 3+ years of experience with make, ANT and Makefiles
· Experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build system
· Understanding the integration between automated software test and the build process
· Working knowledge of Linux and associated development tools, including Docker
· Proven experience to thrive in a complex software systems involving multi-platform development environment
· Experience with product development (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), service-oriented architecture
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Familiarity with consumer hardware development process and lifecycle