Req. ID: 108987
As part of the Global Communication & Marketing (GCM) Reputation Management team, you will be responsible for leading the Business Unit and technology PR strategy at Micron. You will work in close partnership with the executive team, BU marketing and GCM partners to develop BU and technology PR specific plans.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop BU and Technology PR strategy and plan, aligned with Micron’s business priorities.
- Establish coverage model to support BU & Technology PR strategies and plans.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key media to influence Micron’s position in industry.
- Act as BU and technology spokesperson on behalf of Micron. Coach spokespeople and drive media training as required.
- Partner with social media program lead to drive social outreach, beyond traditional PR practices.
- Partner with key business and GCM stakeholders to develop PR plans in support of key business and GCM priorities.
- Semiconductor and/or technology acumen and background
- Strong media relations: ability to develop and nurture strong network of key media to increase positive media coverage for Micron, including business, technical and industry trade press, bloggers, senior editors and journalists at major broadcast, print, wire services and online outlets
- Confident and experienced spokesperson with the ability to speak at a strategic level, while also able to go deep into technical topics.
- Strong collaborator – able to build relationships at all levels of the organization and within GCM.
- Strong communicator with solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to translate technical topics into easy-to-understand and relevant language.
- Able to think beyond traditional PR strategies and tactics, including a strong command of social media platforms.
- Self-starter and result-oriented. Thrives in complex and matrixed environment. Able to adapt to and navigate challenging situations, remaining calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail and stellar time management.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in product and/or technology PR; preferably in semiconductor industry and preferably for another Fortune 500 firm.
- Prior experience working with senior executives on communication strategy
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communication;
MBA or Master’s degree in marketing or communication is a plus.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.