As a BU Data Scientist Pricing at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be key member of the BU Pricing Council and will help to shape the overall pricing strategy with data-driven insights, decisions and predictive models. You will be expected to manage predictive intelligence programs, work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment to deliver insights based on data, recommend improvements, and build models to improve pricing, revenue and margins.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Partner with the Business unit and sales pricing teams to understand business requirements, pricing structures, key metrics, and growth goals
- Collaborate in joint efforts across different teams to build predictive models that solve challenging business problems
- Acquire and structure data from multiple sources to build machine learning models
- Identify data-driven opportunities for improving average selling price and overall revenue and Margin
- Create & deliver easily-consumable presentations to stakeholders and executives that showcase actionable insights and recommendations to help drive product pricing strategy and operation
- 5+ year hands-on experience with analytics and statistics
- Experience in use of Pricing Tools and Machine Learning models
- Expert SQL and R/Python skills required, Oracle SQL is a plus
- Working knowledge of advanced probability and statistics (random variables, distributions, hypothesis testing, regression)
- Strong communication and visualization skills; can easily create powerful visualizations that transform complex data into easily-consumable, actionable insights
- Experience with building visualizations and dashboards using platforms such as Tableau, or Salesforce Analytics Cloud
- Expert level experience with PowerPoint, and Excel including Pivot Tables
- A proactive mindset; can anticipate questions, find opportunities, lead conversations with stakeholders, and automate answers to routine questions
- Detailed oriented, and diligent for follow-ups when deliverables are promised
- Self-starter who can take ownership of work and deliver results without much supervision
- Ability to work seamlessly with many different teams and personality types
- Tenacious researcher with a positive, friendly personality
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, or a closely related mathematical discipline.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.