Old National Bank has an opportunity in the Risk Department for a BSA/AML Systems Analyst III. This position is an analyst position using analytical skills within the technology developed for BSA/AML analysis. The BSA/AML Systems Analyst III requires someone with audit, accounting, teller and/or general bank experience. The Analyst assists management in ensuring data integrity within the systems and with the refinement of anomaly detection scenarios used by the Financial Investigations Unit. The BSA/AML Systems Analyst III uses accounting knowledge and proven audit techniques to perform systems validation testing.
· Business System Analysis: Plans and performs testing of systems and data related to projects, ongoing processes and maintenance/upgrades using a sound audit testing methodology. Creates and maintains well developed testing work papers that support a solid project management/change management process. Recommends solutions, initiates corrective action and provides follow up as needed. Provides system related support to the Financial Investigations Unit operational departments.
· Reporting: Assists in the development, maintenance and testing of management reports using Microsoft Office, AS400 system queries, SAP Crystal Reports and/or other end user tools.
· Process Improvement: Drawing from an understanding of accounting and/or banking concepts and internal controls, assists management in identifying monitoring gaps for evolving criminal typologies and assists in the development and testing of new detection scenarios. Additionally, assists management in identifying and testing process related improvements.
· Risk Assessment/Tuning/Model Validation: Assists management in the process of preparing and utilizing the risk assessment. Performs data analysis and model threshold validation exercises.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in accounting, audit, banking and/or BSA/AML.
· Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to exercise logical and analytical processes to problem-solve and develop creative solutions.
· Solid end-user computing skills (Microsoft Office, etc.) with the ability to create reports using multiple data sources.
· SQL and Crystal Reports experience helpful but not required.