Provide assistance to the Senior BSA Group Manager by monitoring regulatory guidance performing gap analysis of control environments, project management and documentation supporting the BSA Compliance Program. Work in an advisory capacity with the Line of Business to establish a sound control environment to mitigate BSA/AML and OFAC risk. Maintain a current knowledge of all BSA/AML, USA Patriot Act and OFAC laws, regulatory guidance and industry trends.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior BSA Group Manager, BSA Program Manager, and other BSA Managers to manage, track, document and retain information related to BSA Program initiatives;
- Perform analytics derived from BSA Program activities to provide metrics with regular and ad hoc reporting;
- Participate in BSA Compliance and risk focused project initiatives;
- Conduct monitoring and testing of Line of Business, Support and Operation controls as needed;
- Conduct project planning and execution; work independently or lead project teams as needed;
- Participate in strategic BSA Compliance and Line of Business initiatives as directed by the Senior BSA Group Manager;
- Coordinate and participate in Bank merger and acquisition projects or other confidential projects as assigned;
- Proactively work with other BSA Compliance Managers and the Line of Business to identify risks and gaps in controls escalate, make recommendations for improvement and assist in training and monitor to remediation;
- Maintain and assist in updating BSA Program policies, procedures, organization charts and workflow diagrams as needed;
- Assist in testing, audit and examination preparation and tracking;
- Assist in the monthly Anti-Money Laundering Oversight Council preparation and reporting as directed by the Senior BSA Group Manager, BSA Program Manager, or Director of BSA Compliance;
- Communicate regularly with the Senior BSA Group Manager and BSA Program Manager regarding activities and/or issues;
- Provide assistance and support to other BSA Managers and the Director of BSA Compliance as needed;
- Other project initiatives and duties as assigned by the Senior Group BSA Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Minimum of five years of Bank Secrecy Act Compliance/Anti-Money Launderingexperience is required.
- Knowledgeable in BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance and all related regulations.
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience is a plus.
- Excellent PC skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must portray strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual abilities.
- Effective organizational, customer service and professional writing skills; teambuilding and leadership skills are a must.
- Must be detail and project oriented and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- CAMs certification preferred.