Responsible for supervising a team of AML/BSA Compliance Specialists and AML /BSA Compliance Examiners in the BSA Compliance Detecting and Reporting Unit (DRU), within the BSA Compliance Department. This unit is responsible for completing functional duties including: suspicious activity monitoring through alerts processing, case investigations and for filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR); Currency Transaction Report (CTR) processing and reporting; and OFAC scan processing and documentation retention. Also fulfills regulatory compliance management requirements in support of the enterprise-wide BSA/AML/OFAC compliance program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises non-exempt and exempt staff in completing BSA/AML/OFAC compliance functions within the Detecting and Reporting Unit of the BSA Compliance Department performing: suspicious activity monitoring and SAR and CTR reporting; identification and risk rating of higher risk customers; determining eligibility for CTR exemption and OFAC screening.
- Uses professional knowledge, experience and analytical criteria to identify BSA/AML/OFAC compliance risk and helps ensure that proper controls, procedures, processes and training are developed to mitigate these risks.
- May create risk matrix for use by the department's senior management in communicating BSA/AML/OFAC compliance risk and issues to senior management, committees and the Board of Directors and examiners.
- May manage or support segments of the BSA/AML/OFAC compliance regulatory examinations and audits for assigned BSA/AML/OFAC compliance unit; responds to any deficiencies noted for assigned area and ensures that corrective actions are implemented.
- Participates in testing and evaluation of compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC requirements; participates in the evaluation of special projects or program enhancements.
- May orient, train, assign and review work assignments and results, provide performance feedback and training to direct reports and junior team members.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the AML/BSA/OPAC Compliance Detecting and Reporting Unit (DRU). Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members within the unit, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Assists the Sr. Manager in interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Works with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. Shift First Alternate Location Overton (FL05) - GA341, Shades Creek-MO (FL01) - AL053 Minimum Requirements Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum Experience: 5 years job-specific experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- High level knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC laws and regulations
- Minimum of five years of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and automated monitoring systems
- Proficiency with AML systems processing
Additional Information Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- CAMS, AMLP or CRCM Certifications
- 1 -2 years previous experience as a supervisor or team lead.