The BrokerChannel Manager is responsible for driving sales growth for Benefitfocus products and services through relationships with benefit brokers and consultants. The broker channel manager will work closely with our sales teams to develop and execute go-to-market activities by leveraging cross functional teams across both organizations. This role requires the candidate to easily converse in sales and technical conversations, create and execute sales enablement initiatives across Benefitfocus and with partners, and have a solid technical skills foundation.
- Develop and implement sales and go-to-market activities within the broker channel in partnership with sales account executives and sales leadership.
- Build and foster critical relationships with broker channel contacts.
- Manage work streams to ensure support and service readiness for new partner launches.
- Communicate and facilitate understanding of scope of support and partner expectations.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Participate in the execution of the agreed upon GTM commitments with partners.
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality service & support solutions on a partner level.
- Ensure consistent timely resolution of partner issues.
- Ensure consistent professional conduct.
- Establish cadence to review partner performance, develop action plans and identify emerging issues.
- Assess channel footprint to ensure optimal sales coverage.
- Monitor program compliance and ensure partners meet obligations.
- Drive internal meetings to review account status and align performance targets across the organization.
- Maintain pipeline and dashboards that communicates to all stakeholders the effectiveness of programs and investments.
- Conduct a regular cadence of reviews of the performance of partners, both internally and with the partners.
- Ensure effective and timely internal & external communication and coordination of partner field engagement program strategy & execution results.
- Conduct quarterly stewardship meetings with partners and lead other regularly scheduled meetings as necessary.
- Assist in sales and marketing activities as needed.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- BS/BA degree in relevant business discipline.
- 5-8 years in a Business Development, Channel Sales or Channel Management role supporting multiple partners
- External industry network with 3+ years SaaS experience - Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired. Benefits or broker experience is a plus.
- Track record of producing sales growth
- Ability to build, execute and lead strategy in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel; ability to listen, clarify and respond well to questions
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations