QVC is known for great products and excellent customer service, but we also have a reputation for being at the forefront of broadcast engineering technology.
QVC has an immediate need for anexperienced BroadcastIT Engineer II to join our BroadcastEngineeringteam at our corporate headquarters in West Chester, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia.
Job Description Details
Under the supervision of the Manager, Broadcast IT, provide administration for the QVC US broadcast ITinfrastructure and support end users. Provide root cause analysis of escalated and complex incidents/problems related to broadcast IT systems. Impart technical expertise of established IT standards to the US Broadcast Engineering team. Manage and optimize system performance of broadcast ITinfrastructure to ensure 24x7x365 availability. Works with Broadcast Engineering Architects to determine requirements for new broadcast IT systems, and develop, design, and supervise installations. Supports the IT specific portions of all broadcast systems (video routers, audio mixers, cameras, intercom, etc.)
Some responsibilities include:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier technical support for the QVC US broadcast IT systems, including after-hours support when necessary.
- Accountable for equipment specifications, system design, and installation.
- Supervise project integrations and ensure all tasks are completed within accepted timelines.
- Evaluation and testing of all broadcast ITinfrastructure’s hardware and software.
- Lead setup and configuration of broadcast IT systems.
- Subject matter expert for broadcast IT disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
- Impart technical expertise of established IT standards to the US Broadcast Engineering team
- Leads the development and analysis of RFPs and RFIs. Works with vendors, QVC procurement and legal to ensure success.
- Leads in the evaluation of new technologies and makes strategic recommendations.
- Leads in the technical design and execution for all projects within the Broadcast Infrastructure involving ITtechnologies and standards.
- Manage user accounts, application access, and security settings within the QNEXUS and QVCUS domains (Group Policies, etc.)
- Manage security settings and review daily security logs for the QVC US Broadcast ITinfrastructure (Firewalls, ACLs, Proxy, VPN, etc.)
- Manage SQLdatabases.
- Manage VMWare and Hyper-V environments.
- Manage broadcast storage systems. (Harmonic, 3Par, etc.)
Maintenance & Support
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level technical support for QVC’s broadcast IT systems, including after-hours support when necessary.
- Supports and maintains general health of the broadcast ITinfrastructure, including but not limited to: routers, switches, firewalls, servers, workstations, storage, databases, virtual systems, software, and vendor specific broadcast IT systems.
- Supports the IT specific portions of all broadcast systems (video routers, audio mixers, cameras, intercom, etc.)
Installation & Configuration
- Installs and configures operating systems (WindowsServer 2012 r2 and above, Microsoft SQLServer 2012 and above, Windows Professional 7 and above, VMWare ESXi and VDI, etc.)
- Installs and configures networking devices (Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, and 2000 Data Center switches, Cisco ASA/FIREPower and Palo Alto firewalls)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, or a related field of study is required. Equivalent work experience in a related field may be given consideration.
- IT certification highly preferred (CCNA/CCNP, Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
- 6 to 8 years of experience working in a corporate or broadcasting IT multi-tiered environment, installing, monitoring & troubleshooting computer servers and applications is required.
- Extensive network administration experiencerequired.
- Experience in Windows Admin, Network Admin, DB Admin and servertechnologiesrequired.
- Must have experiencetroubleshooting related systems and be competent in reacting quickly to critical situations that occur in live broadcast situations.
- Experience with complex systems to a component board level, and troubleshooting state of the art computer, server and broadcast IT equipment required.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience with IT Network equipment, topology, and configuration in a broadcasting environment.
- Experience with Cisco ASR routers, Nexus switches and FirePOWER firewalls.
- Experience with PaloAlto firewalls.
- Experience in server administration of WindowsServer 2012 r2 and above.
- Experience with MSSQLdatabase administration.
- Experience with System administration and monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Dataminer, etc.)
- Troubleshootingnetwork, server, client software issues and interactions.
- Understanding of video, graphics, and business processes as they pertain to the systems infrastructure.
- Windows computer systems – Real-time graphics, animation, and compositing systems and software.
- Play-out/Automation systems - Configure, operation, administration, and maintenance.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at heights from either ladders or moving lifts.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.).
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (i.e., fax machine, photocopier, printer, etc.) stationed between 3 and 4 feet high.
- Ability to work in close proximity of high and low level voltages and RF radiation.