Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today.
Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country!
Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We are currently seeking an experienced Broadcast Engineer. The qualified candidate will coordinate and maintain computer based and broadcast equipment.
We are looking for an experienced television engineer to support live studio productions, all post production workflows, and infrastructure upgrades.
This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting.
This is an operational role in a 24/7 broadcast facility. An important component of the network’s programming is the integration of over 2000 hours of live feeds.
Most live activity occurs during the early morning or overnight shifts with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays. Must be able to work those days/hours as well as frequent holidays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on almost any electronic device or support electronics whether in-house or at remote locations; including but not limited to: video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, HD cameras, Fiber/ copper encoding, decoding and streaming equipment.
- Maintain broadcast computer-based equipment software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the station.
- Train and mentor Engineering team on Avid, iNews and automation for both Production Control rooms and Master Control.
- Respond to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after normal business hours).
- Keep software versions up to date, insure software license compliance and follow all corporate directives for IT security.
- Demonstrate consistently high standard of Engineering practices including: observing OSHA safety rules, being able to install new equipment using CAD drawings and elevations, intuitive cable management and labeling, submitting updates to Engineering documentation, and creating user SOP’s.
- Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations.
- Schedule for this position will require flexible hours during live Tennis tournaments throughout the year.
- Position will require traveling to different remote locations throughout the year to support Avid Road Kit at Indian Wells, Volvo Car Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership and exceptional communication skills are essential
- 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality.
- Knowledge of workflows relating to computer based editing systems, including media archiving and storage relating to AVID, EVS, Masstech and iNews.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in broadcast television is required for employment consideration.
- A strong technical support with AVID, iNews, automation systems experience in Production control rooms and Master Control.
- Experience in installing and upgrading Broadcast equipment to improve workflows.
- A college degree, SBE certification, and A+ certification are desired.
Tracking Code 9484.