Alpha Media – Portland, OR is seeking an experienced full-time Broadcast Engineer for our radio stations located in downtown Portland. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Broadcast Engineer will assist with the maintenance of equipment, maintaining broadcast systems and technologies, build-out projects, and ensure FCC compliance. The successful candidate will be familiar with radio related technologies including, but not limited to, networking and IT, PC/software maintenance and repair, AM and FM transmitter repair and installation, VHF and UHF radio technology, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment and studio equipment maintenance.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it's on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates radio stations in multiple markets all across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest-growing company in radio today. We are live, local, and can't wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, boards, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, controls, remote equipment, etc.
- Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance.
- May have responsibilities relating to IT.
- Assists Chief Engineer in assigned duties.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Technical knowledge of electronics and electromechanics.
- Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and radio automation systems, EAS, studio telephone and engineering IT systems.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and recordkeeping.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, 1A2, ISDN, T1, DSL, VoIP, and PRI circuits.
- IT skills including PC/server troubleshooting and repair and knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, and local area networking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
Education and Licensing Requirements
- Associates or technical degree in Broadcasting Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience.
- SBE Certifications a plus.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license, a clean driving record, and have proof of insurance.
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
- Ability to be on 24 x 7 x 365 callout for after-hours emergencies or routine maintenance as needed.