Auto Req ID:
Bridge To Rediscovery Director At The Haven in the Village at ChanticleerPrint
The Haven in the Village at Chanticleer is a beautiful community in Greenville, SC, with more than 60 units offering Alzheimer's care.
At this time, we are seeking a Bridge to Rediscovery Director to join our team!
- Develops and maintains a program which is therapeutic and age appropriate for the residents on the Bridge to Rediscovery Unit based on Montessori Based Dementia Programming principles.
- Implements and coordinates the Bridge to Rediscovery Program.
- Follows instructions and timelines for all Bridge to Rediscovery required documentation and specific form(s) completion.
- Develops Montessori Based Dementia Programs for various levels of resident ability, develops policies and procedures.
- Establishes Bridge to Rediscovery Program planning meetings with Unit staff to develop, review and/or update individualized resident program plans.
- Provides staff training for the Bridge to Rediscovery Program; Assists in determining appropriate staffing ratios.
- Licensed Nurse, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Bachelor's in Social Work or equivalent.
- Must have experience with program development and design for residents with Alzheimer's and Related Disorders.
- Must have experience in providing staff with leadership and guidance.
- Must have minimum of one year's current experience working with individuals with Alzheimer's or other related disease residing in a secure standard environment.
- Current experience must include the understanding and ability to implement the appropriate standards and safety measures for a Unit.
- Must be able to successfully teach and mentor others on the techniques, standards and requirements for the care of residents with Alzheimer's and Related Disorders.
- Must have completed training in Alzheimer's, Dementia and Related Disorders as required by state/federal regulations, and successfully complete the Bridge to Rediscovery Train the Trainer Program after employment occurs and actively apply the principl