Somerford Place of Fresno is a beautiful community in Fresno, CA, with more than 50 units offering Alzheimer's care.
At this time, we are seeking a Bridge to Rediscovery Director to join our team!
- Develops and maintains a program which is therapeutic and age appropriate for the residents on the Bridge to Rediscovery Unit based on Montessori Based Dementia Programming principles
- Implements and coordinates the Bridge to Rediscovery Program.
- Follows instructions and timelines for all Bridge to Rediscovery required documentation and specific form(s) completion.
- Develops Montessori Based Dementia Programs for various levels of resident ability, develops policies and procedures
- Establishes Bridge to Rediscovery Program planning meetings with Unit staff to develop, review and/or update individualized resident program plans
- Provides staff training for the Bridge to Rediscovery Program; Assists in determining appropriate staffing ratios.
- Licensed Nurse, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Bachelor's in Social Work or equivalent
- Must have experience with program development and design for residents with Alzheimer's and Related Disorders.
- Must have experience in providing staff with leadership and guidance.
- Must have minimum of one year's current experience working with individuals with Alzheimer's or other related disease residing in a secure standard environment.
- Current experience must include the understanding and ability to implement the appropriate standards and safety measures for a Unit.
- Must be able to successfully teach and mentor others on the techniques, standards and requirements for the care of residents with Alzheimer's and Related Disorders
- Must have completed training in Alzheimer's, Dementia and Related Disorders as required by state/federal regulations, and successfully complete the Bridge to Rediscovery Train the Trainer Program after employment occurs and actively apply the principles.
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.