Opportunity : Ready to work on projects that tackle infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering experience to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring a mid-level experienced Bridge Design Engineer with a desire to work on bridge projects for roadway and interstate systems that change the urban fabric of our community in the State of Indiana and surrounding region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with various types of bridge engineering and design such as suspension, cable – stayed, arch, truss, cantilever, beam, girder brides. Both steel and concrete. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
In this role: you will be working on INDOT and other state and regional projects as well. You will produce data sheets, equipment and material requisitions; review supplier drawing submittals; and perform technical bid analysis. Keys to your success will be your structural engineering experience in bridge design. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure that the bridges are designed in accordance with approved Federal, State, and local agency requirements as well as following accepted industry practices and procedures..
- Your deliverables may include structural designs for single span, multiple span, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, precast concrete, and steel bridges..
- Provide structural specifications, estimating, quantity calculations, technical reports, and detailed engineering analyses.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and otherconstruction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 5-10 years of design-build or alternative project delivery experience on bridge highway infrastructure
- BS degree in civil with structural emphasis or structural engineering required, Masters degree is desirable.
- Steel and concrete bridge design experience is essential
- Experience with bridge design for roadway systems is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microstation, CONSPAN and/or other structural software
- P.E. is highly desirable.