Bridge Safety Inspector
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
The Bridge Safety Inspector will be responsible for conducting NBIS inspection of in service transportation structures. Receive general supervision from the Project Manager who reviews work while in progress. Will be required to perform the duties of an inspection team member. Enter inspection findings in PennDOT i-forms, review and edit bridge files in BMS2 and prepare inspectionreports.
- BMS2 skills preferred
- PennDOT I-forms skills preferred
- Certified Bridge Safety Inspector (CBSI)
- Candidates must qualify as a Bridge Safety Inspector with 5 or more years of bridge safety inspectionexperience
- Experience with load ratings analysis, and bridge maintenance and repair. Exceptions will be permitted on a case-by-case basis so long as qualifications and certifications are appropriate for structure inspection duties
- PennDOT BMS2 iForm Course preferred
- PennDOT CoRe Element Course preferred
- PennDOT Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges preferred
- PennDOT Bridge Scour Evaluationpreferred
- PennDOT BMS2 / iForms experiencepreferred
- Fall safety experiencepreferred