Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Responsibility for structural design and development of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates for structural work on complex transportation infrastructure projects.
- Perform quality control of structural design calculations, drawings and cost estimates for bridges, culverts, retaining walls, noise abatement walls and other miscellaneous structures.
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination with highway design teams to promote consistency and compatibility in project design.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex infrastructure problems through all phases of a project, from planning through final design to assistance during construction.
Bridge Project Engineer
- Develop project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities and cost estimates
- Responsible for cost control on projects and quality control within bridge discipline
- Resolve problems, interpret engineering specifications, investigate design and field engineering difficulties and coordinate schedules
- Manage single and multi-discipline structural engineering projects and develop cost-effective design solutions
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of project team members, including other engineers and technical support staff (CADD techs)
- Lead a small team of engineers in the execution of project design and production on both small and large projects
- Prepare and check design drawings and/or specifications
- Review and check engineering work completed by others
- Oversee planning, design and construction phases of projects
- Serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts
- Market to clients in pursuit of additional projects
What You'll Need
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 6 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.