We are currently seeking a Bridge Inspection Team Leader for our Transportation-Construction Management Practice.
The BridgeInspection Team Leader opportunity requires extensive knowledge of structural inspection, testing, and analysis, non-destructive testing techniques, structural engineering principles, project development, project management, methods and techniques of highway construction and contract administration. This position requires skill in directing, organizing, and coordinating multiple task orders, inspection teams and sub-consultants on various types of projects including Routing Bridge Safety Inspections, structure and bridge Loading Ratings, construction engineering and inspection of bridge projects.
- Ability to meet client prequalifications requirements as a Team Leader
- Knowledge of bridge maintenance and repair procedures, inspection methods, and common bridge types and components
- Structural Design and/or Structural Construction Engineering & Inspection expertise preferred
- Completion of an FHWA-approved course in safety inspection of in-service bridges and refresher course
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Engineering Technology
- 5 years of verifiable NBIS in-service bridgeinspectionexperience
- Licensed Professional Engineer must be able to obtain Texas PE License
- Experience performing load ratings on Routine TxDOT BridgeInspection assignments/task work orders
- TxDOT 6.1.1 Precertification
- TxDOT experience performing Routine BridgeInspections as a Team Leader preferred
- Experience with InspectTech
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, bridge and structure plans and specifications
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and CAD
- Willingness to travel for bridgeinspection assignments