8 - 10 years experience •
Typical bridge design knowledge should include precast/prestressed concrete, steel girder, curved steel boxes (tubs) and truss bridges, timber bridges, cast-in-place post-tensioned concrete, and segmental concrete bridges. Practical experience in using advanced bridge analysis software, especially to design and load rate bridges is a plus.
- As a subject matter expert, defines, refines and leads the overall product strategy by analyzing industry and user trends. In charge of final product release to the market.
- Plays proactive role in product planning and design to ensure the product is differentiated from competitors.
- Performs competitive analysis to determine product strengths and weaknesses relative to market requirements.
- Maintains and communicates future direction of product(s) that leverages existing product success and guarantees market growth.
- Works collaboratively with management, engineering, sales, development teams, marketing, and technical support engineers to ensure revenue and user satisfaction goals are met.
- Uses scientific, engineering and other technical data to create product specifications and statements of problems and to develop or check complex engineering problems.
- Writes and/or reviews engineering calculations for conformance to codes, standards and engineering practicality.
- Providing expert level engineering support, specialty engineering services, and training to users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required with a minimum 7 years of practical experience, or MSdegree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required with a minimum 5 years of practical experience, or a similar combination of education and experience. Professional engineering (PE) registration a plus.
- Minimum 5 years bridge design and load rating experience with concrete, steel and timber bridges
- Demonstrated knowledge in the principles of design codes, standards and guidelines, including AASHTO. AREMA knowledge is a plus.
- Experience using bridge analysis software, such as, LEAP Bridge Concrete, LEAP Bridge Steel, STAAD, MDX, Larsa, Midas, CSI Bridge and good working knowledge of Excel, MathCad, Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to convey technical subject matters to others
- Aptitude to analyze information, develop recommendations and present data
- Must be a creative problem solver with interest in emerging technologies
- Service oriented with ability to build effective working relationships with various teams throughout the organization
- Ability to travel (about 10%) to industry events, user meetings and other Bentley offices.