We are actively looking for a Bridge Engineer to join our amazing team in Richardson Texas! We have completed more than 4,500 bridges across the globe, including complex, conventional, long-span, pre-stressed, post-tensioned, suspension, cable-stayed, segmental, steel, concrete, and moveable structures, providing communities with signature bridges carrying pedestrians, roads, railways, and pipelines. If you have an interest to work on both conventional bridge projects, as well as Design/Build projects, apply today! You will produce bridge designs, plan sheets, design calculations; and perform technical analysis. Keys to your success will be your structural engineering experience in bridge design, ability to communicate, and ability to work in a team. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure that the bridge structures are designed in accordance with approved Federal, State, and local agency requirements as well as following accepted industry practices and procedures..
- Your deliverables may include structural designs for single span, multiple span, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, precast concrete, and steel bridges.
- Provide structural specifications, estimating, quantity calculations, technical reports, and detailed engineering analyses.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Performs other responsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-yeardegree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or related field)
- Masters Degree is required
- 3+ years of related work experience in bridge design.
- EIT is required
- For more Sr. level Bridge engineers, Professional Engineer registration is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with standard FEA and Structural Analysis tools, as well as Microstation
- TXDOT experiencerequired
- Interest in working on Design/Build projects