- Lead the growth of the structures practice in the Columbus, Ohio office. Participate in strategic planning and execution of a marketing strategy to develop a robust structures practice and assist in the overall growth and success of the office.
- As part of the Great Lakes Regional Operation, there will be the opportunity to work on projects for state and local clients in Ohio and throughout the region, as well as being a part of our overall structures team and making an impact on a national level. This will be accomplished with close collaboration with the Cleveland office.
- Openly share technical knowledge, mentor and further career goals of junior engineers in technical areas to include complex studies, reports and supporting documentation; quantities and construction cost estimates; and construction drawings needed for highways, structures, and rail projects. Collaborate with Cleveland and Columbus management on staffing.
- Define scope of work and man-hour requirements; proposal production and implement marketing initiatives; and ensure that project/task schedules and budgets are met.
- The successful candidate will join an established bridge practice and provide technical guidance and support on projects to include design of highway and rail bridges and other structures.
- The successful candidate will engage in business development activities (meetings, proposal preparation, etc.) and strategic planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 10+ years of related experience on structural design projects with DOTs, preferable ODOT
• Ohio P.E. license; or ability to obtain within 6 months
• Proficient with industry design and drafting software such as Midas and MicroStation