Requisition ID : 1123APPLY
The Brewery Manager is the site leader for the Genesee Brewery in Rochester, New York. This role leads all brewery operations to meet and exceed productivity, quality, cost, service, employee engagement, safety and delivery goals. This role will also work to further integrate our triple bottom line philosophy which includes a balanced focus on financial performance, employee engagement, community support and environmental stewardship.
Specific responsibilities of the Brewery Manager will include, but not be limited to:
- Create budget and operating plan for the brewery; establish objectives, procedures and performance measures for each function/area of thebrewery.
- Review performance against operating plans, standards, and scorecards; work with team to interpret results and implement countermeasures as required.
- Review and approve plans for the control of plant outputs, inventory/raw materials, maintenance and operational spending, work force utilization, equipment productivity and maintenance, facility maintenance, execution of quality standards, and utilization of outside resources/vendors.
- Quickly respond to changes in volume.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting problems and implementing new products.
- Recruit, develop and motivate a high-performance team; ensure adequate training is provided for all positions.
- Liaise with labor unions to ensure harmonious, win-win relationships.
- Communicate for alignment; keep all employees informed as to company/department plans and progress; help set and adjust individual priorities; constantly work to create engagement.
- Drive the implementation of lasting process improvements.
- Participate in and oversee capital equipment projects, including cost effective analysis and purchasing.
- Develop plans for new areas of technology for the manufacturing functions along with sufficient planning for areas that support the missionof Brewery Operations within the corporation.
- Lead and participate in weekly and monthly coaching staff meetings; develop a winning team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments (i.e., Sales & Marketing) in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Represent the company to external parties as needed/appropriate. Project a positive image to the customers we serve and the industry in which we participate. Communicate with external parties in a timely fashion regarding business matters and builds professional relationshipswith major participants.
- Maintain familiarity and oversight for all control and regulatory requirements including but not limited to TTB, environmental, etc.) related tothe production of beers, including contact with both NAB and regulatory staff.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree, preferably in Engineering or Life Sciences, (Chemistry, Microbiology, or Fermentation Science).
- 15+ years experience in operations management with a variety of functional experiences; food & beverage industry experience, preferably in alcoholic beverages, is highly desired.
- Understanding of brewing process from mill in to bottle, including quality standards and practices also highly desired.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skill set.
- Positive attitude.
- Results orientation.
- Experience developing and empowering high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategically, execute tactically and provide leadership to others.
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of all the levers associated with managing a business.
- Exceptional commitment to quality at all points in the production process.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate company purpose and values.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently.
- Holds others accountable.
- Ability to drive and lead change.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to sell ideas to peers and senior leaders.
- Collaborative working style.