Brand / Strategy / Advertising Insights: Market Research Program Manager 2
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
This position is responsible for overall planning, implementation and reporting of primary and secondary research initiatives that support key business partners in the Marketing organization at Wells Fargo. Candidate will have the opportunity to lead a wide variety of research projects and syntheses to develop insights primarily focused on strategic initiatives, enterprise brand strategy and tracking, advertising (concept and creative, development, post-production research, campaign impact and measurement), sponsorship and marketing program development and assessment. Candidate will be responsible for both the development as well as the day-to-day management of the relationship between the Insights team and key business partners. Ability to integrate and provide insight connections for the Marketing community is critical.
This individual needs to have exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to gain the respect and confidence of others, as well as be a true team player and collaborator.
On a day-to-day basis, this individual will have the following duties:
- Consult with business partners and determines research requirements, strategies and project timelines; applies and/or develops highly advanced concepts, research and analysis designs
- Conduct strategic/tactical research and analysis and present findings and recommendations to business partners and management
- Day-to-day management of any internal or external research vendors, partners/consultants engaged to execute projects
- Leverage communication skills to transfer analytics/data into an effective presentation format, particularly with regard to senior management level presentations
- Collaborate with immediate team members, as well as other teams across the larger Insights team, to help with cross-division analyses to execute on the larger department’s market research agenda
- Collaborate with his/her immediate supervisor to articulate/recommend priorities for future research and knowledge development
- Stays abreast of significant research technique advances
- Ensure adherence to compliance regulations and policies
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, market/customer research, or marketing analytics, including 4+ years of project management experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Financial industry experience
- Digital marketing campaign experience
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing with leading-edge advertising campaigns
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing with multiple brands and categories of sponsorships
- Knowledge and understanding of advertising: branding, merchandising, and collateral development
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- A critical thinker with proven ability to synthesize disparate information to develop strategic insights and drive more impactful strategies
- Able to facilitate and lead discussions to gather relevant perspectives and drive deeper understanding and alignment
- Experienced in the application of a wide variety of market research methodologies and analytic techniques
- Experience in and high comfort level working to manage large research studies
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing results into concise written findings and strategic implications for senior management
- Demonstrated knowledge research techniques and types of analyses specifically related to advertising and brand research
- BS/BA degree in Statistics or Marketing Research or related field
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time