Successful candidates are brand fanatics and unabashed marketing geeks. She/he will also have experience in marketing or brand operations and be mentally geared to think obsessively about increasing effectiveness and efficiency in the daily operations of a creative team. This person has strong right- and left-brain muscles. Knocking out a pivot table or managing a complex, multi-dimensional project is no problem. And neither is assessing multiple creative concepts and giving actionable feedback to designers.
- Lead all operations related activities for the Brand, including the creative team and associated projects
- Assess project requests and determine the best creative resource to employ (internal, agency, contractor)
- Build/optimize/maintain a workflow management system to effectively manage projects; work with Brand Director to prioritize projects and allocate creative resources
- Work effectively with outside agencies to scope, brief and track projects.
- Be a key advocate and guardian of the newly revamped brand. Effectively articulate the essence of the brand and the way all the brand elements work together: color, imagery, graphic design, iconography & messaging.
- Lead and maintain excellent communication between Brand and other key teams: Media, Web, Product Marketing. Ensure that Brand delivers creative assets on brand and on time.
- 7+ years of related experience at a creative agency or in a brand management/marketing role at a medium-large company
- Deep understanding of the creative process and the operations/technologies/tools needed to support it
- Experience working effectively with creative teams of designers, copywriters, art directors, etc.
- Track record of effectively working with creative agencies; demonstrable understanding of what it takes to generate compelling creative in collaboration with an agency
- A team-focused obsession that makes you a great team member and a great team leader
- A passion for building new things and a stomach for ambiguity along the way
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for marketing or creative studies
- Relocation is available for this position
- Travel requirements for the position: minimal (primarily local with occasional out of town trips)